Tuesday, August 25, 2015

My plan for the first day of school

Hey everyone! So my first day for the new term is fast approaching so I've put a post together for you all on what I'll be covering for my first day.
8:50-9:30: The first part of the day will consist of the children coming in and spending some time talking about their holidays, I will also talk to them about my holidays and show them some photos of places I visited so they feel we're both sharing our summer with each other. Next, I will hand out a worksheet on 'My Summer'. The higher achievers should be able to write sentences with assistance from me, my average level group will be given a list of words and sentences to help them write their sentences and my weaker children will be given words to fill in on their worksheet.

9:30-10:30: After this I will spend 10-15 minutes revising addition and then I will hand out maths games to each group. I will not rotate my groups today so as to ease them back into group work.

10:30-10:50: This should leave us with 10 minutes to spare before lunch so I will read a story from the library. If it runs into lunch they can eat while they listen to me.

11:00-11:30: After small break we will revise classroom rules and lining up. I'm hoping I will be able to put the kids into alphabetical order for lines so as to to cut out any fighting/skipping in the line.

11:30-12:30: This will lead us into out Jitter Juice activity. I found this poem on the internet and I thought it'd be a nice way to ease the kids into school again. The poem is linked to first day nerves and your class could even do some Jitter Juice if you like. I am getting my bunch to draw a picture on the bottom of the age of the Jitter Juice and the recipe. They will then come up with their own juice and what it may be used for.

1:00-2:30: Their big break will follow this and afterwards the kids will be creating self portraits of themselves on A3 paper. I will get them to complete a written activity on 'Mé Féin' which I will stick on their portraits before hanging on the wall.
And that will bring my first day to a close. I will be posting the worksheets to my Teachers Pay Teachers account for
you to download as Gaeilge agus Béarla before Thursday :)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Primary Teaching Ideas. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig